|The new Candler building at
Peachtree and Houston Streets was opened Sunday, June 3, 1906.
The cost of the building was financed by loans from The Coca-Cola
Company to the Candler Investment Company (Asa G. Candler's
company). The architect and contractor was George E. Murphy,
assisted by Charles Howard Candler. At the time of its
opening, it was considered to be a very remote location compared to the
center of buisness .
Source: "Atlanta and Environs, A Chronicle of Its People and Events, Vol II" by Franklin M. Garrett, ©1954 by Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc.,. Reprinted 1969 by University of Georgia Press.