|The Fair Department Store
extends along the north side of
Street from State to Dearborn.
The largest of three large structures designed and completed by William Le Baron Jenney in 1891, the year he formed a partnership with William B. Mundie. In 1964, when The Chicago School of Architecture book was published, all three buildings were still standing.
Supported by wide-bayed steel and wrought iron frame,
cost of the building was $3,000,000, with one and half years to
It is eleven stories high with an area of 55,000 square feet.
Appears in this Rand McNally 1893 3-D map at the Univ. of Illinois at Chicago:
Next Scene: State street from Van Buren street to Water street-1910