|Designed by Edward Baumann and
Harris W. Huehl, the (third)
Chamber of Commerce Building was erected on the southeast corner of
and Washington Streets between 1888 and 1889. It was
by the Home Insurance building and was the most advanced work of
art at the time of its completion.
The most striking feature of this building was the interior light court extending the entire height of the building and covered by a glass and iron skylight at the roof.It was demolished in 1928 to make way for the American National Bank Building. Source: The Chicago School of Architecture, 1964.
Next Scene: Central Y.M.C.A. -1916